Blueberry Ice Cream in a Bag!
Typically, when making ice cream at home, it is assumed that you need an expensive ice cream maker, which is true. However, with this recipe, you can create your very own ice cream at home without an ice cream maker! This recipe only takes 20 minutes to make and uses ingredients you most likely already have in your fridge and freezer! Let's get cooking!
Equipment: Ice cream scoop, (2) ziploc bags- gallon size, spoon, patience, energy.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
-1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/4 cup sugar
1) Fill one ziploc bag halfway full with ice, sprinkle 1/3 cup salt in the bag, shake to combing.
2) in the second bag, combing the frozen blueberries, cream, milk, vanilla, and sugar. give it a quick stir, close the bag.
3) place ice cream bag into ice and salt bag
4) close ice and salt bag, begin shaking the bag. Try not to stop shaking as it is crucial so that the ice cream forms. Make sure the blueberries are getting slightly crushed so that the base color is a light indigo.
5) begin shaking for 10 minutes, then check to see if ice cream is formed. if it is, pop it in the freezer for 5 minutes, if not, keep shaking and then checking for 3-minute increments.
6) once chilled, take out of bag and serve or save it for later. I'd suggest taking it out of the bag and transferring to a more stable and airtight container if you plan on keeping it for later.
7) add desired toppings, then enjoy!
I hope you all enjoyed this delicious recipe! If you liked it, subscribe via email down below to get notified when more unique and delicious recipes are posted, and give it a like too! It's free (;
Tags: #gracesmessykitchen #teenblogger #teenbaker #blueberry #dessertsmadewithblueberries #blueberryicecream #icecream #wisconsin #wisconsinrecipes #gracegrogan #blogger #originalrecipe #icecreamrecipenoicecreammaker #ice #cream #icecreaminabag #blueberryrecipe #feedfeed #summerrecipe #seasonalrecipe #quickandeasy #easyicecreamrecipe #easy #5minrecipes #bakersoftheinternet