The Only Tacos You'll Ever Need
The most easy, healthy, and delicious taco recipe that will work with any type of meat and is guaranteed to satisfy your cravings without the guilt.
When you think of tacos, your mind might wander to the deep-fried goodness of a Taco Bell, or maybe to the local Mexican restaurant in your town. Making your own tacos at home might seem like a time- consuming and unhealthy meal to prepare, but in reality, it will only take you less than an hour depending on the type of meat you use.
Serving size: 1-2 tacos. Recipe serves 2-4 people
For the fish(or any meat of choice):
- 2 filets or portions of your favorite fish (I usually use tilapia or cod)
-Favorite seasoning(s) to taste
For the pico de gallo:
-3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 white onion, diced
-2 large cloves of garlic, minced
-1/4 teaspoon cumin
-1 pinch salt
- juice from lime, to taste
-1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 4 tortillas ( I used Flour)
1) Prepare the meat of choice according to label instructions. Add seasonings accordingly. If you are using fish filets like I did, 1/2 filet is usually enough for one taco, so the amount of fish I used was enough for 4 tacos.
2) while meat is being prepared, shred the lettuce and set aside.
3) Prepare the pico. Start by dicing the onion and tomatoes. Mince the garlic. Then, chop up the cilantro. Combine the vegetables in a large bowl. Add lime juice, cumin, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
4) Once meat is prepared, begin assembling your tacos. For me, I put lettuce on the very bottom, fish on top of the lettuce, and pico on the very top.
5) Enjoy! Typically you will get 4 tacos if you are using mini or small tortillas and are using two fish filets. Feel free to add any extra topping such as cheese, sour cream, or jalapenos.
Note: The reason this recipe doesn't include extra topping is to avoid extra calories.
#besttacos #tacorecipe #picodegallo #tacos #fishtacorecipe #bestfishtacos #picodegallorecipe #fishtacos #picofortacos #picorecipe #grace #gracesmessykitchen #teenblogger #teenbaker #teenchef #GracesMessyKitchen #Tacorecipegrace #choppedjr #instaworthytacos #homemadetacos #besttacos #bestfishtacos #tacodiet #healthytacos #tacorecipehealthy #besthealthytacos #fish #tilapia #cod #healthytacos #healthy #traditionalpicodegallo #recipes #newblogger