The Best-Ever Cream Cheese Frosting
Cream cheese frosting is a classic frosting that tastes good on just about everything. Just thinking about pumpkin or red velvet cake with smooth cream cheese frosting will make your mouth water. This recipe has taken about a year to perfect, but about 1 minute to devour! Simple ingredients, simple recipe, simply delicious. Let's get cooking!
- 13oz softened cream cheese
-4 1/2 to 5 cups of powdered sugar
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-3/4 cup saltedbutter
1) Soften butter and cream cheese in microwave
2) Cream together cream cheese and butter in a stand mixer that has been fitted with a paddle-attachment for about 2 minutes, occasionally stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3) add in half the powdered sugar and mix on low until combined. Add other half of the powdered sugar and the vanilla. Mix on low for 1 minute and then mix on high for an additional 2-3 minutes.
4) Serve as desired, and enjoy!
I hope you all enjoyed this recipe! If you liked it, make sure to give it a heart and subscribe down below via email to get notified when more unique and delicious recipes are posted! If problems occur in this recipe, continue reading for helpful tips and tricks!
1) Frosting has lumps of cream cheese/butter in it
Cause: Cream cheese, butter, or both aren't softened enough.
Solution: Try softening your mixture no matter what step you are at. then re-whip your frosting for 5 minutes on medium-high speed. If this doesn't work, then you have to start over.
2) Frosting tastes "bland"
Cause: You didn't use salted butter, or not enough salt was added.
Solution: Add 1 pinch of salt to the frosting and mix well.
Tags: #gracegrogan #gracesmessykitchen #creamcheese #creamcheesefrosting #creamcheesefrostingrecipe #frosting #bestevercreamcheesefrosting #teenbaker #undiscoveredbaker #thebestcreamcheesefrosting #creamcheeseicing #grace #GracesMessyKitchen #cakedecorator #frostingrecipe #fallrecipe #pumpkincakewithcreamcheesefrosting #redvelvetwithcreamcheesefrosting #feedfeedbaking #kidbaker #teencakedecorator #fallrecipes #simplefrostingrecipe #simplecreamcheesefrosting #easycreamcheesefrostingrecipe