Grace's 3-Cheese Mac 'n' Cheese
Sometimes there is nothing better than a bowl of mac'n' cheese. In Wisconsin, we take our cheese very seriously. The types of cheese you use in this recipe really make or break the dish. In this simple recipe, you'll be enjoying the cheesy goodness in less than an hour! Most blog posts have a 3 hour long story of someone's aunt's dog that somehow relates to the recipe, but in Grace's Messy Kitchen, we just get straight to cooking!
-pot of boiling water
-sauce pan for cheese sauce
-colander to strain noodles
-oven that has been pre-heated to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
-2 tbsp butter
-1 tbsp flour
-1 1/2 cups milk
-1/4 cup grated Gruyere cheese
-3/4 cup shredded Colby jack
-2 tbsp grated Parmesan
-1 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp black pepper
-1/4 tsp garlic powder
-1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
-1/4 cup bread crumbs
-8 oz macaroni noodles
1) Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
2) set out ramekins of desired size on baking sheet. spray lightly with cooking spray
3) prepare 8oz of macaroni noodles according to box instructions
4) while the noodles are boiling, make the cheese sauce: In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add in flour and whisk to make a smooth rue sauce. once thoroughly combined, add in milk and whisk until lumps are gone.
5) Add in grated cheeses and salt, whisk until smooth. Add in seasonings and stir to combine.
6) drain noodles, add back to empty pot. Add sauce to pot. Use spatula to fold in sauce so that sauce evenly coats noodles.
7) divide into ramekins and sprinkle cheese and then breadcrumbs on top.
8) bake in pre-heated oven for 3 minutes or until breadcrumbs are well toasted.
9) Enjoy your AMAZING mac'n' cheese!
I hope this mac'n'cheese recipe was absolutely delicious and easy to make! Developing this recipe has taken me two years of trial and error, and now I think I've found just the right ratios to create this recipe! Please leave a comment if you make it and if you liked this recipe, give it a heart! Also, subscribe via email down below to get notified when more unique and delicious recipes are posted!
Tags: #macaroni #noodles #macncheese #macaroniandcheeserecipe #bestmacncheeserecipe #gracesmessykitchen #GracesMessyKitchen #teenbaker #teenchef #teenblogger #bestmacncheese #3cheesemacncheese #wisconsinmacncheeserecipe #wisconsincheese #wisconsin #wisconsinrecipes #easymacncheeserecipe #quickrecipes #carbqueen #carbs #colbyjackcheese #Parmesan #breadcrumbs #mouthwatering #mouthwateringmacncheese #grace #gracegrogan #gracegroganrecipes #gg_baking17