Fresh 'N' Flaky Blueberry-Cheesecake Danishes
These blueberry danishes are the perfect little treat for everyone. For this recipe, you can use fresh or frozen blueberries, but I've found that fresh work better though. My family is very fortunate to have access to fresh blueberries, especially in the summer when my grandparents harvest berries from the blueberry patch!
This recipe takes around an hour to make as it is very important to keep the puff pastry dough cold until bake time. Let's get cooking!
-2 sheets puff pastry (I used Pepperridge farm puff pastry)
-2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 package cream cheese
-1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
-2 tbsp flour
-1 pinch salt
1) preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2) Beat together cream cheese and egg yolk. Add in sugar and flour. Add salt, then mix until you have a smooth batter.
3) add 1 1/2 cup of the blueberries and fold in until berries are well coated.
4) roll out puff pastry dough and cut into about nine squares per sheeet. add desired amount of batter (roughly 1/4 cup) to the center of each square. Make sure to fold up the edges of each square around the batter. It should look like this:
5) Once all the danishes are ready to bake, brush all the sides lightly with melted butter. Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown and has puffed up.
6) Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, or until a comfortable temperature.
7) Enjoy your fresh blueberry danishes!
I hope this recipe works as well for you as it does for me! I spent a lot of time developing and testing various ratios, especially for the cheesecake batter! This is a good recipe to make on a Saturday or Sunday morning. Once you've had your fill of danishes for the day, you can store them in an airtight container kept in the fridge for up to five days. Subscribe down below for more recipes!
Tags: #blueberries #danish #danishes #blueberrydanishrecipe #teenblogger #teenbaker #blueberrydanish #bestblueberrydanishrecipe #puffpastryrecipes #puffpastrydanish #puffpastry #blueberrycreations #blueberrydessert #danishdesserts #blueberrycheesecake #cheesecake #GracesMessyKitchen #gracesmessykitchen #bestdanishrecipe #fresh #freshnflakyblueberrydanishes #freshnflaky #freshblueberries #cheesedanish #cheesedanishrecipe #bestrecipes #ggbaking #gg_baking17 #teenchef #aspiringbaker #pastrychef